The thoughts, sewing projects, and fabric oglings of a dedicated sewist.

Ah, fabric . . .

8/24/11
I love looking at fabric.  When my first client ordered a skirt, I asked her if she'd like me to send her some fabric ideas.  She replied, "Well, I don't want to put you out, but if you have time . . . "  If I have time??!  I sometimes spend hours at a time looking at fabric online, just for fun.  One of the reasons I like having this business is that I get to work with more beautiful fabric than I could ever afford/use just on my own!  And I love helping a client find the fabric that will be perfect for her dress, skirt or handbag.

Here is my latest love: Joel Dewberry's Heirloom line.  My current favorite is the Heirloom Empire Weave Garnet:



I'm working on a skirt for one of my clients with this fabric and it's just as lovely in person.  A beautiful, rich jewel color that is great for the fall and winter.  He has the same print with other colors, plus many other great prints in this same line.  Others that I have my eye on:

MM DBMM DBMM DBMM DBMM DB


His wife has a blog and there are some lovely pictures of the fabric in action, including a simply gorgeous dress.
Post Comment
Post a Comment